Thursday, November 5, 2009

Updates



Snoball is currently in his "prison" (cage). He is being terrible to me today (biting and screaming) and I needed a break to sit down and write this. He was easily distracted with a walnut. BTW - I found a great farmer's market about 30 minutes from me that sells all sorts of nuts for $2 a pound. The cheapest I've EVER seen them in stores (when they're in season) is $2.50/ pound. Needless to say, I was excited about that.

So - the updates! Hmm, what updates? Well, Snoball has met my family. All except for my sister, that is. My dad is of the opinion that animals belong outside, not inside in cages or kept as pets. (I think he just likes to say that because he never wanted to clean up after one.) So he was reluctant to meet Snoball, but I have to say ... it went over REALLY well. I even met my dad yesterday at Home Depot to work out a new toy idea for Snoball. We want to make him something that is basically an assemblage of stainless steel nuts, bolts, washers, screws, etc. We tossed around a lot of ideas but I Came up with a new one last night that might be perfect. I'd like to drill holes through PVC pipes, and slide the screws and various hardware through the holes. That wouldn't be safe if Snoball chewed (a LOT) on the PVC, but I know he'll be far more interested in taking the hardware out so I dont think it'll be a problem. (I'll post more on that when it's done. Stainless Steel is expensive so this will be an on-going project.)

Snoball is still happy and healthy and everyone at my condo is getting to know him. Just today I came in the door with him and an elderly man said, "Oh! There he is! Hello, fella." Of course Snoball responded with a "Hello" and a "Hi" and got himself a lot of praise. :)

I have a horrible head cold and my brain is not thinking clearly today. To make up for the rotten update, how about a bunch of photos? ;)

Snoball and I with my dad's crew: Sammy (the cat who thinks he's a dog) and Coco:



"Are you watching me? Hey! Hey! Are you paying attention? Look at me."



Wendy's baked potato with cheese: guaranteed to reduce Snoball to big, puppy-dog eyes:



At my dad's house, under the Serenity Tree (my fave tree):



"What's your problem? Can't a bird drink in peace?"



Playing in David's studio:



Did Snoball give Pepper that flower in a gesture of romance or friendship? No. Of course not. She picked it for herself, and he is contemplating stealing it...



And the only picture I have of Snoball and Pepper playing together (because this was the ONLY time it happened! -lol-)