Saturday, July 25, 2009


I think Snoball felt a lot like that little boy today. He started his day by screaming his lungs out when I brought him out to play. He yelled and screamed while we swept and mopped the floors. After wearing himself out he settled down for a nap. Well, of course once the store opened he couldn't nap in peace because everyone wanted to hold him. That made him grumpy, so I tried to put him back in his cage to rest but he started screaming when I tried to walk away. So I took him back out and left him up front with one of the baby umbrellas. They were fine at first but then the baby tried to play with Snoball and he got mad. That made the baby mad so then they started fighting and Snoball jumped off the perch and ran to another where he finally fell asleep.

Later in the day I took him outside for photos - I was working on photographing tree stands for the website and Snoball was modeling. He enjoyed that - so much so that he screamed when I brought him back in again. I finally put him up on the shelves in the boarding room where I thought he would settle down, but of course he had other plans. Snoball spent probably thirty minutes rearranging all of the bowls on the shelves and putting them all in the wrong bins. Then he started throwing them out onto the floor, one by one. I was trying to wash the dishes in the sink under the shelves so every time he threw one down I'd be hit on the head or the back. I kept having to dodge falling bowls. And then if he threw one and I didn't make a big stink about it and give him attention he'd hang upside down and try to bite my nose.

The end of the day was no better. I took Snoball and Misty (my cockatiel) into the employee area to wash handfeeding equipment. As soon as I turned my back on him, he started making these loud, long screams. I gave him some cheese and he quieted down for a bit. Katie and I went onto the main floor to pick out a toy for the Severe Macaw that I'm fostering, and of course Snoball thought the toys were for him. He kept grabbing them from Katie and trying to play with them, then throwing a fit when she took them away! So we had to buy one for Snoball too... No, he's not spoiled... *rolls eyes*

Thank goodness he actually quieted down and tried to go to sleep when I put him to bed. I think it had something to do with the handful of almonds I put in his bowl, though... -lol-

Hopefully Snoball won't be a spoiled brat tomorrow. *crosses fingers*

-Haylee

Image credit goes to: http://kayjensen.deviantart.com/