Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mom Is A Little Frustrated


Just wanted to update everyone on how Snoball's first night went. He did great until right around 7:30 when he started getting antsy. I was told he would start to get loud when he was ready for bed - right around 8:00. I got everything ready for his bedtime: Got a cage ready for him, fed him dinner, moved everybody around, played with him a little more, and finally tried to put him to bed.

Well, Snoball decided he didn't want to go to bed afterall. Instead, he wanted to stay up and bounce... Ok, no problem. We bounced for a good 20 minutes with him chanting "sno-ball-sno-ball-sno-ball" with every bounce and then laughing about it afterwards. Then he started screaming again. I asked him if he was ready for bed and he responded with a loud "ehh!!" which means "yes" as far as bedtime is concerned.

So I tried again to put him to bed. He went in for a minute, and then decided he still wasn't ready for bed! So I brought him a grape (his favorite). He nicely took it from me and then proceeded to throw it on the floor quite angrily. Appalled, I told him he could play by himself then. This did not make him happy, and he took to climbing the cockatiel cage and throwing all of my school books off the top of it. I then gave him a chew toy to play with which he shredded and promptly started screaming again. No amount of shushing made him stop. I finally had to pick him up and bounce him to make him flap and stop screaming.

Attempt at bedtime number 3: Success! Snoball finally settled in on a snuggly perch and mumbled himself to sleep. He's been quiet ever since.

Tomorrow morning we're going to the park together. It's just a small local park where we walk the tortoise. Yes, the tortoise... We get a lot of looks from people! -lol- He has to have 20 minutes of sunshine every day and they instinctively eat while on the move, so we get him his exercise and his breakfast all in one go. Hopefully Snoball will enjoy it. After that, he'll be going to work with me where he'll spend all day sitting somewhere he's not supposed to and knocking things off shelves. -lol- But that's why I love him.

-Haylee

Image credit goes completely to: http://helpmeimblonde.deviantart.com/