Monday, July 27, 2009

Making Lunches For Snoball

Every week or so I take a day and prepare a week's worth of food for the birds and the rats and sometimes I'll make some special treats for the bunnies. It's a difficult day involving shopping, cooking, cleaning, packing and storing. But it makes the rest of the week a hundred times easier. Each morning or evening I can just "grab and go" since I keep everything in refridgerated, air-tight containers. I just thought everyone might be curious as to what Snoball's plethora of goodies will include this week.

Of course there are grapes and blueberries in the center of the photo - those are pretty much a constant in Snoball's life. But other than that I try to vary things. Last week he had oranges, apples, kiwi, sweet potato, banana, flax seed crackers, and I can't even remember what else. This week he's having (starting at the upper left corner of the photo and going clockwise around the grapes/blueberries) mashed potatoes, apples, canteloupe, cherry tomatoes, pistachios, animal crackers, and pasta.

Snoball also gets Zupreem brand fruit flavored pellets daily and a dried fruit/nut mix as a treat.

I'd say he's a well-fed bird, wouldn't you? -lol-

-Haylee