Sunday, July 12, 2009

My First Day With My New Family


Today is the first day that I've spent with my new family. Mom arrived at work (where I was staying) late so I had to wait in my cage for a little while. But I didn't mind since she made me a big pinata toy last night. I was having so much fun playing with it that I didn't even want to come out when she got there!

I came out after breakfast to play. Mom even let me play on top of the big, tall cabinets. I love sitting up there because I can see the whole store. People stop and talk to me but no one can reach me all the way up there so I feel safe. Mom knows I like it there - she lets me stay there for as long as I want if I am good.

I got to spend time with my new dad, too. I'm still a little nervous around him, but I don't typically like men. He gave me some baked potato with a little cheese so I guess he's alright. And he bought me a really fun toy with lots of leather and plastic pacifiers on it. Maybe I'll like him better as time goes on. Mom says I will.


The apartment that my new family lives in right now doesn't allow animals. I think that's a horrible rule and should be changed immediately! Mom and I snuck in the back way so we didn't get caught. We had to climb six flights of stairs to get to the apartment. Well, Mom did - I just rode on her shoulder. Every time she climbed a step I did a little bounce, and we went bouncing and laughing all the way up! I loved it, and Mom said I was cute and silly, but climbing stairs makes her tired. Maybe she should try to fly.


When we got upstairs I got to meet my new feathered friends. I have three brothers now - two cockatiels and a red-bellied parrot. I don't like him much - he tries to pick on me. Mom doesn't let him but he still glares at me from his cage... I like the cockatiels, though! They shared their treats with me and even let me play with their toys and sleep on their cage.


Mom spent some quiet time with me for a little while. She talked to me and told me she knew how hard this was for me. I said, "Hi" which means, "Yep - it is hard, Mom." But she promised everything will be ok and that they will take good care of me. Mom loves me a lot, so I believe her.


Love, Snoball